Sunday, June 3, 2007

Tala Methi Macchi - Pan cooked salmon with cumin and Fenugreek




Fish is such a salvation for me on weeknights, it allows me to put something together from the scratch on a busy weeknight without much fuss and usually in less than 30 minutes if I am organized. This salmon is not really an exception, a few good ingredients, the interesting taste in this one is from the dried kasuri methi, a simple handy flavorful ingredient. This is the first time I added this to fish, I think this is a keeper.
Tala Methi Macchi
Serves 3-4 people
Ingredients
1 lb salmon fillets
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp salt
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp ground cumin-coriander powder
1 lime
2 tsp dried methi
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tsp cumin seeds
Method of Preparation
1. Rub the salmon with the turmeric, salt, chili powder, ground cumin-coriander.
2. Squeeze the juice of the lime and add the methi and set this aside for 10-15 minutes.
3. Heat the oil and add the cumin and ginger cook for a few seconds.
4. Add in the fish and cook on each side for 10 minutes, till it flakes easily and is lightly browned.
I guess I should add that for dishes like this, it is important to use a good non-stick pan, or you will need more oil to get the same results.

3 comments:

  1. Inspiring recipe, thanks for sharing. My first time at your blog, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rinku - love this recipe. I have a very similar one that uses only lime, turmeric and chilli powder. Great one for low fat evenings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Rinku, I have tagged you for random MEME in my blog. hope you will be interested.

    ReplyDelete