Wednesday, February 23, 2011

10-minute Salvation Cabbage

This recipe gets done in less time than it takes me to write about it, expecially considering it took me two attempts to actually upload the picture. It is really  my salvation on some weeknights when I need a vegetable to balance out the meal. In fact, these days I actually keep chopped cabbage handy in the fridge. It would actually take away the essense of the recipe to write a long post around it.


10 minute Salvation Cabbage

Prep Time: 5-7 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Serves 4

Ingredients

1 tablespoon oil
2 teaspoons freshly grated
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/8 teaspoon asafetida
2-3 green chilies chopped
1 teaspoon turmeric
10 curry leaves
3 cups finely chopped cabbage
1 teaspoon salt
Cilantro to garnish

Method of Preparation

1. Heat the oil and add the ginger and cumin and saute lightly for 30-40 seconds.
2. Add in the asafetida and the green chilies and the turmeric and the curry leaves.
3. Mix in the cabbage and the salt.
4. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes until the cabbage wilts but is still tender crisp.
5. Remove the cover, garnish with cilantro and serve.

Ps. Have had some crazy days, the indifferent weather does not help. If I had a home bar with adjustable bar stools, I would raise mine stool, pour myself a tall glass of wine and watch while this was cooking, but instead we just drank ours with dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment