Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Back from India

India was interesting as usual!

Just back from a three week stint of India, I went to Kolkatta and Delhi, it was so interesting to be there over the festivals. Unfrtunately, I caught the tailend of Durga Puja, but even then it was great. My camera has been left behind so one will have to wait for my pictures. No biases, while the capital city has improved in its cuisine, it just cannot match the gastronomical delights of Kolkatta, where people live to eat. Ate amazing rolls, bhetki, chinese and of course lots of sweets. Two great recipes, I picked up for desserts were for Rasogollar payesh, (this differs slightly from its cousin -rasomalai) and Labanga Latika (neat pastry packages filled with kheer and coconut). The trends for fusion has expanded from Chinese to Thai, Mexican and Italian.

In Delhi, of course I tried chaat, Alu tikkis and for the first time I tried pure Awadhi cuisine. Some thing that I did not try but caught my attention was the popularity of Japanese cuisine. Sushi seems to be quite the rage, go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment