Friday, February 2, 2007

Lime or Nimbu - On everything


Brocolli and Black Beans with Lime
Given that most of my posts are pretty much everyday fare, what I have started doing with the WHB, event is featuring some of the staples of my kitchen.
Lime (not lemon) is one of these. I know we use them interchageably, but there is a slight difference in the flavor. I find a lemon more fragrant, but the lime tarter. These are both Vitamin C rich fruits. I squeeze limejuice practically on everything.
The other thing that I do not like is cold salads in winter, instead I like to do this warm variation, like the following brocolli-black bean stir-dry.
Brocolli-Black bean with lime
Serves 3-4
Ingredients
1 tsp oil
1/2 cup sliced onions
1 cup brocolli floretts
1/2 cup broth or water
1/2 cup cooked black beans
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chat masala
2 tsp chopped cilantro or mint
1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
1 large lime
Method of Preparation
1. Heat the oil and add the onions and brocolli and cook for 3 minutes.
2. Add the broth or water with the brocolli and black beans and cook covered for 5 minutes.
3. Add in the remaining ingredients except the lime and cook till dry and well mixed.
4. Remove from the heat. Cool slightly and sever with the lime juice squeezed on it, healthy, nutrititious and tasty.
The WHB is being hosted by Ulrike at http://ostwestwind.twoday.net/, I have been bumping into this blog twice this week.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Rinku, there is a German saying that you always meet people twice, why not also blogs? Thank you for participating this WHB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rinku, thanks for sharing this recipe, sounds interesting and looks great. I love broccoli and always use lime with it. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey lime-lover, that makes two of us. i just adore the taste and smell of lime. nice blog you've got going here.

    ReplyDelete