Saturday, June 21, 2008

Why Yellow?







I was out of town for about a week, this past week, just before leaving I read about this cause - Clicking Yellow for Bri in a blog I enjoy reading a lot.

The original Click Event being hosted at Jugalbandi, that hosts a monthly food photography event. Maybe, this was on my mind since all through Tampa Bay, Fl. Possibly, it was the general upset, I have to tell you it seems almost every other person that I know, ends up falling prey to this disease.

The corn and pepper came later, the other yellow was just on my mind.
Dearest Bri,
please keep the spirits up. People like me hope and pray that tomorrow will be better.
Ever felt that there was a connection and you could not tell why? This outbreak had troubled me just because....As I was about to submit this, I read further and realized that Bri was the daughter-in-law of Cynthia and Bill,
they had attended my son's rice ceremony by chance (She was with someone we knew and wanted to see this event) and Cynthia had taken some of the best pictures on my son at this event.
Here is the recipe that was created from the Corn and Pepper
Roasted Corn and Pepper Chowder
Serves 4-6
Ingredients
2 ears of corn on the cob
2 yellow bell peppers
2 tbsp butter
2 shallots finely chopped
2 pods of garlic
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 16-oz container of chicken broth or 4 cups homemade broth
1 tbsp black pepper
Additional salt if needed
1 lemon
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
Method of preparation
1. Roast the corn and bell peppers on the open flame. The corn needs to start turning black at spots and the bell peppers are charred completed outside.
2. Set the corn aside to cool, and place the bell pepper on ice to rub the blackened skin off.
3. Heat the butter and add the shallots and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the sweet potatoes and chicken broth with salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Chop the roasted pepper and mix in.
6. Cool and puree in a food processor.
7. Remove the roasted corn from the cob.
8. Bring the puree back to simmer add in the corn, squeeze the juice of the lemon and stirr in the cilantro and serve hot.










No comments:

Post a Comment