Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Nankano - When it rains!


This particular post is long overdue, sorry Nankano people. A few weeks back courtesy the foodbuzz tastemakers program, I recieved a free coupon for the vinegar. I got myself some regular rice vinegar.
The last couple of weeks, I have been trying to soak up some of the beautiful weather we have been having, looks like today broke the spell. The rain has lulled me into a state of general relaxed laziness, I am trying to get myself some reading inventory. I wanted to cook something really quick, this salmon literally gets done in a flash - actually right while I am getting the rest of the dinner ready. We liked this so much we actually had this with a simple sa

Broiled Salmon with blackberries

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Serves 4

Ingredients

1/3 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons oil
1 lbs sock-eye salmon fillet ( I actually used the trader joe frozen variety)
1 cup fresh blackberries

Method of Preparation
1. Mix the vinegar and maple syrup with the paprika, black pepper, cinnamon, cumin, salt and oil.
2. Cut the salmon into four pieces and rub with the marinade prepared above and set aside for 15 minutes.
3. Place on a baking pan and broil for about 7 minutes. Turn the fish, add the blackberries and broil for another 3 minutes. Note the fish should be gently browned at spots and the blackberries should barely begin to release their juices.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the Mocchaa Chop recipe, they turned out great..my reputation for executing recipes intact. A lot of work though. Presently am trying to get a handle on the wrist action required to make dosa and failing miserably..howevr I have managed to get the batter part down. Caught a 35 lb chinook last weekend so lots of salmon available for new recipes and as usual this one was yummy. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete