Saturday, August 4, 2007

Chive-Sun Dried Tomato Omelette

The other morning I had made myself an omelette on a whim, and, my daughter tried it. Well, now she is all into having an omelette usually for breakfast. Well, nothing to inspire your creative juices than your eager 4.5 year old. That (.5) half is especially important, she will make sure that you do not forget it when mentioning it too her. Well, this morning, this is what we had for brunch with a side salad.
It also got me to use a new herb, yes, just in time for WHB. This is being hosted by Kalyn at Kalyn's kitchen.

For Each Omlette

Ingredients

1 tbsp olive oil
1 egg
1 tbsp minced onion
1 tbsp chopped chives
Salt to taste
1 tbsp chopped sun-dried tomatoes
2 tbsp goat cheese
Freshly ground black pepper

Method of Preparation

1. Heat the oil on skillet or frying pan.
2. Beat the egg with the onion, chives and salt and pour on the skillet.
3. Quickly top with the sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese.
4. Cook for about 5 minutes and sprinkly with the pepper.
5. Fold and serve how.

My daughter added some ketchup on hers, I encourage you to have it any way you like it.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds very tasty. I used to have chives in my garden, but they died for some reason and I keep forgetting to replant them each spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page, I'm enjoying looking around and have found quite a few things I want to try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a great omelette. the combinations sound very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rinku,how are you girl?
    I love Chives and sun dried Tomatoes combo.I made Frittata with those with lot of veggies.Kids do love those,don't they?:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a new combination...will surely check it out :-))

    ReplyDelete