Thursday, June 4, 2009

A little flexibility


I have been having this odd shoulder pain, that is undefined by the doctors. This is most frustrating to me, not to mention my dear precise husband, who quizzes me on how I am comunicating the issue to the doctors.

I was like - I am in pain, this I can tell them. The reality is though I do not like fuss and details, this is very much reflected in my cooking. Probably why I am not much of a baker.

This recipe made me try, though! The term anything was a good sell, I pretty much followed the recipe, used whole wheat flour, raw brown sugar and lots of blueberries! No sugar lemon drizzle either. Verdict from the kids! Oh like blueberry muffin, I suppose they had a point.

Lime Coconut Blueberry loaf

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 40 minutes

Makes 1 loaf

Ingredients

1/2 cup vegetable oil (1 used canolla and 3 tablespoons cocconut)

1 cup plain yogurt (1used homemade 2%)

3 eggs

3/4 cup raw turbinado sugar

Zest of two limes

Juice of two limes

3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon wholewheat pastry flour.

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour

Method of Preparation

1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and prepare a loaf pan.

2. In the bowl of a large food processor, place the oil, yougurt, eggs, sugar, lime zest and lime and pulse till blended.

3. Sift together the dry ingredients (except 1 tablespoon flour) and add in two batches to the wet ingredients.

4. Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl.

5. Toss the blueberries with 1 tablespoon of flour, and stir into the batter.

6. Pour the batter into the loaf tin and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes, the cake is well browned and an inserted toothpick comes out dry from the center.

7. Cook throughly and slice and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment