Sunday, November 1, 2009

Gulab Jamuns - Cheese and evaporated milk balls in syrup



These golden globes of joy are a common presentation in almost any Indian restaurant menu. In fact, even my son knows this dessert by name. I made these for Diwali and tried them again using this recipe.

I pretty much stuck to the recipe without any modifications, I did elimate the cardamoms from the syrup. I patiently made the khoya cooking down 1/2 gallon of milk. The results were really luscious.

Now, I also make a variation which is my mothers in laws recipe where she makes the balls with a proportion of 1/3 paneer to 2/3 khoya and adds just a little flour to bind.

All were happy and let me send this over just a little late to the ICC.

1 comment:

  1. They look very lucious! The modifeication is a tip i might love to try. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete