Tuesday, November 3, 2009

An ungodly hour - a simple recipe


I am actually uploading some really nice pictures my brother has taken of his current trip to the east coast. I am up waiting while flick uploads the pictures, in bars of pink! I was around today. I took Aadi for a check to the immunologist. I was a little sad to see, how excited he was at the prospect of being taken to the doctor by me. Usually, dad does this. Well, such is life...
This morning I was really feeling on top of my act, because I woke up in time to make a good breakfast for all of us (we were all at home, but I tend to sleep in on Saturdays!), until I saw what my daughter had scribbled while I was making breakfast. LOL!
It read, " On Saturday, I went trick or treating! Mas is taking so long to get my eggs ready. Aadi is eating his rewards!Ma gave me my egg now, I don't have a spoon with my egg, I have a fork"
Gosh, tough crowd. Well, I made this fairly straighforward paneer recipe a couple of weeks back, try it!
Paneer Manoranjan - Indian cheese with mushrooms
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serves 4
Ingredients
1 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/8 teaspoon asafetida
1 cup diced tomatoes (I used a mixture of red and green)
1 teaspoon red chili powder
1 teaspoon tandoori masala
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1 lbs paneer, cut into cubes
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chaat masala
1 tablespoon ghee or butter
1/2 cup diced portabella mushroom
Cilantro to garnish
Method of Preparation
1. Heat the oil and add the cumin seeds and wait for the seeds to sizzle. Stir in the asafetida.
2. Add in the tomatoes, chili powder and tandoori masala and the ginger and saute for 20 seconds.
3. Stir in the paneer and salt and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Stir in the chat masala.
5. In a separate pan, heat the ghee and add the mushroom and saute for 2-3 minutes.
6. Mix into the paneer and garnish with cilantro and serve.

4 comments: