Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Pasta Tonight!

Well, this week begins a new adventure - big city, new job. A little apprehensive as one might imagine, it takes a little time to get used to a new rountine. Normally, I would be savoring my lunchtimes, but for starters there is a lot to get used to. For obvious reasons, I do try to minimize the length of the work day. I have two eager people waiting for me at the end of the day.

The transition has been difficult for them, so like all good mothers I am trying to bribe my way out of it. They get to pick a treat, every weekend and this week on Friday it is going to be silly bandz.

Last evening I made a quick and easy pasta, baked and nice and comforting. While it might seem that baking is a bit of an odd thing to do when I am complaining about the heat, the other side of the game however is to get something done nice and quick.

Seasonal Pasta with 2 cheeses

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Serves 4

Ingredients

1/2 package medium shells
3/4 cup skim ricotta cheese
1.5 cups of chopped greens (I used fresh beet greens)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tomato diced
1/2 grated fontina cheese

Method of Preparation

1. Cook the shell according to the directions on the package.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
3. Place the ricotta cheese and the green in a food processor and process until smooth.
4. Mix in the salt, nutmeg, black pepper and tomatoes with the shells and place in a greased baking dish.
5. Mix in half the fontina cheese.
6. Top with the remaining fontina cheese and place in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
7. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment