Monday, September 29, 2008

Dim Sum, It is!


How often, does one get the opportunity to introduce a young twenty-something to something quite new (in terms of culinary tastes) in the burbs. Ok, I do it in my classes every week! But, people take classes to learn, so it does not count.

Anju, my husbands summer intern wanted to do brunch with us to wrap summer and head back to college. As always, I suggested Dim Sum, we went to Central Seafood, located yes, on Central Park Ave in Hartdale.

It turns out this was Anju's first experience with Dim Sum. Central Seafood is actually a great place to start, we spent about over an hour trying an assortment of small plates -the most noteworthy were, a lovely scallop and greens dumplings, leek chive dumplings, lovely flavorful sticky rice, of course the good basics like siu mai, shrimp dumplings, noodles, I could go on.

Overall, this is a nice spacious restaurant and offers a great assortment of Chinese favorites both the traditional and beyond. Very family friendly as well!

1 comment:

  1. I just love dim sum. WE eat it every Sunday. This might change the 20-something's culinary realm forever.

    ReplyDelete