Friday, December 12, 2008

Deflated Aha moment


Ever took the effort to look up something healthy, felt really thrilled with your self, as in a "aha moment"Well, that kind off was my first thinking when I found this recipe on Ashwini's blog.I was like, look here is a nice healthy dessert for the kids, well I first tried this on Anshul and we both finished one-third of this until it went to the kids, well guess what, they rejected it completely...Ok so much for the "aha moment"..


This is an incredibly satisfying simple and lovely dessert nonetheless. I modified the recipe a little

Raji Halwa -Finger Millet flour Pudding

Serve 12

Ingredients
1 cup finger flour
1.5 cups light coconut milk
1 cup water
3/4 cup powdered jaggery
2 tbsp ghee
1/2 tsp saffron
1 cup blanched almonds

Method of Preparation

1. Mix the ragi with the coconut milk and water.
2. Place in a pan and simmer stirring constantly till the mixture thickens.
3. Add in the jaggery and contine stirring till the mixture reaches a fudgelike consistency.
4. Stir in the ghee and mix throughly.
5. Stir in almonds and spread uniformly on a plate and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I have yet to try Ragi..! I am not sure if i've ever had it....but this is the first thing I'd like to make with Ragi for sure!

    happy Holidays and warm wishes coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Trupti, I was pleasantly surprised with this one, too.

    ReplyDelete