Monday, January 18, 2010

Meal plan monday - Week of 1/18



Yes, I know I made 2 half hearted attempts at doing this and then forgot about it, Dara's blog is always such an inspiration for meal planning.

While I make lists for all kinds of things, meal planning and cooking to a schedule does, not come naturally to me, but one does have to try. Especially the upcoming few weeks, I shall certainly be well served, if I did not spend all hours in the kitchen, simply dishing out food for the family, OK, I enjoy it but truly there are several other things on my to do list that get side tracked in the process and of course provides me with the perfect excuse not to do my grudging 20 minutes on the treadmill. With a visit from the in-laws, I know have all kinds of odds and ends in the refrigerator. I shall be having my aunt visit, next weekend and also have class on Sunday, so here is what is planned.

Monday - Zucchini Quesadillas (yeah, kids loved this and simple salsa),

Tuesday - Rice Cooker Birayani (this one is a winner, shall pose recipe soon),

Wednesday - Paneer parathas (made with leftover paneer) and cabbage stir fry,

Thurday - Hearty lemon chicken vegetable soup,

Friday - Paneer Matar, lentils and rice

Saturday - (Company again!)

Lunch - Lamb Curry, curried cauliflower and rice

Dinner - Penne marinara and Eggplant Parmesan

Sunday - Leftover lunch

Class food for dinner

The Meal Plan Monday initiative is from Org Junkie and you can find other meal plans on her blog. - I am an organizing junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment