Sunday, January 10, 2010

Weekend Musings - Hito Asian Bistro


The weekend has been peaceful, much like the calm way, this year started. One of these days, I was passing through downtown White Plains, I decided to stop by and grab lunch at a spot I had often observed but never really ended up visiting.
It took some turning and and moving round the block, before I figured out the parking. Well, my sense of direction has always been bad.
A lovely cheery place, very Pan Asian, a nice characteristic menu - Sushi, bunch of Chinese options, nothing out of the ordinary. I ordered a mango chicken with a wonton soup. The soup was quite a pleasant surprise, since I really take the wonton soup in a restaurant for granted - something that is present, constant and a filler. This wonton soup was different - fresh tasting, light soft wontons, full of light gingery filling in a hot soothing broth. Well, to balance that the mango chicken was a little disapointing. The menu had a chili next to it, this dish was rather bland, the mango a little too sweet.
Overall, this place looks like a fun place to be back maybe for a couple of drinks! Well I would have given you the 411 on this place, but just discovered that it is closing down.

No comments:

Post a Comment