Sunday, January 24, 2010

Pumpernickel - Comfort and Indulgence







A very unlikely find at least by my standards - this restaurant is a somewhat sophisticated cross between a diner and a good all American comfort food joint. It is not where I would go if I was watching my calories, but certainly where I would be going if I wanted good satisfying food.
Good service, a fairly extensive menu, I would prefer this more for lunch than dinnertime. Featured here is the pulled pork sandwich with there really crisp fried onions, that they call "freaky fried onions" and home cut potato chips called frips. My friend Helen who had joined me for lunch had the BLT, which had avocado to add to the richness of the sandwich. The place is famous for root beer that I actually passed on.

No comments:

Post a Comment