Saturday, May 8, 2010

My kind of fish dish

Ok, so I did post the lamb post earlier this week, I am still scared and troubled but a lot more resolved about my job decision. I had the lovely cilantro chutney, that I had made a few days back and some fresh scrod from the market.

In case, people have not realized by now, Saturdays are my day of sleeping in followed by a mad dash to get groceries and then getting a meal on the table for me and the husband, yes the kids too..

So, here is where the quick and brisk splashing it all together comes in handy.

Cilantro Chili Fish

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients

1 pound of fresh white fish
1 teaspoon red chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon cumin-coriader powder
1 lemon cut into half
1/3 cup oil
1 cup chili cilantro chutney

Method of Preparation

1. Place the fish on a plate and rub with the chili powder, salt, turmeric, cumin-coriander powder and squeeze the lemon juice and set aside for 15 minutes.
2. Heat the oil and place the fish in a single layer and cook for 8-9 minutes and turn and cook for another 9 minutes.
3. Pour the chutney over the fish and cook through.
4. Serve immediately with rice.

2 comments:

  1. oh wow this looks really healthy! I really love this dish you have here. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christine. Just something I put together - a typical weeknight fare.

    ReplyDelete