Friday, May 28, 2010

Spicy Scrambled Eggs - Cooking for one

It is strange when one gets out of the habit of something, the basic can seem complex. It has been a while since I began putting meals for just myself. The past week and I guess the next ones to come, I shall be eating lunch at home, by myself.  Sure there are sometimes leftovers but not always, so here is what I made on Tuesday.
This classic Indian style scrambled eggs have several variations, mine has to have freshly grated Parmesan cheese and I have to have it on crusty buttered crisp toast.

So there you have it,

Spicy Scrambled Eggs

Serves 2

Ingredients
2 tablespoons oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
            1 tomato, chopped
            1 teaspoon powdered cumin
            1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
            2 eggs, lightly beaten
            2 green chilies, finely chopped
            1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
            Salt to taste
            2-3 tablespoons chopped cilantro

            Method of Preparation

            1. Heat the oil and add the onions and cook for about 3-4 minutes, until the onions are soft and they begin to sweat.
            2. Add in the tomato and cook lightly, mix in the cumin and black pepper and gently add in the eggs and cheese with the salt (a note here, the cheese is pretty salty so use additional salt with care.
            3. Gently stir in the eggs till most and just set, add in the cilantro and serve.


1 comment:

  1. I love anything spicy and always love scrambled eggs ... so love this recipe of yours. :-)

    ReplyDelete