Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The passionate tofu

A lot of people I know treat tofu as the poor step sister of paneer, the creamy rich Indian cheese. I first began using it in my cooking as a convienience (since it is more readily available) and later in my classes, to accomodate my vegan students. Eventually, firm or extra firm tofu has now become more of the norm for me rather than an exception. It actually absorbs flavor beautifully. This lovely delicate sauce that showcases two of the seasons gifts - tomatoes and red peppers offer a perfect match for the mild tofu.
Read more »

3 comments:

  1. Rinku,
    Your tofu dish looks soooo good. I love the flavors in your recipe. How would you prepare it without a slow cooker?

    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phyllis,

    Thanks for stopping by. You can roast the vegetables in the oven for 1 hour at 400 degrees.

    Rinku

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phyllis,

    Thanks for stopping by. You can roast the vegetables in the oven for 1 hour at 400 degrees.

    Rinku

    ReplyDelete