Tuesday, January 9, 2007

The center of our household.

I came across this Kitchen event through Kalyn's Blog.

Other than being a great blog it is such a wealth of information about food, events in the food world technical tool and other blogs. This is being hosted by Ilva.

What can I say about my kitchen, firstly I love the fact that it is a very comfortable size. It has lots of light, and fits in my children's chairs. It allows me the luxury of being able to spend time with them and cook. The center of the Kitchen is fairly typical has a kitchen stove, closets and tabletops and is where most of the major cooking activity takes place. The refrigerator doubles as an art display hub, as well as an educational center so that we can spell and eat at the same time.



There is room for several theatrical performances especially when we do not want to go to bed. The oposite size has a breakfast nook and a baker's rack for my cookbooks.


It is currently the training group for a chef who is all for 34 months. Move aside Nigella Lawson. Finally, I have my gadget corner. I especally like the fact that there is a pull out work station here. What I do not like is that there is not enough glass, the wood is nice but some contrast would be nice. I had once thought I would paint the room yellow, but realized that the white reflects well on a sunny day. So there you have it, my favorite room, the center of our household, not immaculate but cosy.












10 comments:

  1. Thanks! You have a very nice kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking kitchen.Great to see you and your kid too there.Enjoy all the moments!:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. all i can see is the huge collection of books u have got:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely kitchen. It looks like it's the heart of your home for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, You have a good size kitchen and with lots of light in there.I used to stay in westchester county too(Portchester). Loved it there and my kitchen used to look a lot like yours too. Brought back those good memories. Thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Seema and Kristen for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to be here thanks to Ilva. Kitchen bhalo hai.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the glass-fronted cabinets over the sink. And the island looks so big! Beautiful children, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What precious babies! Love the kitchen too. It looks so cozy~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sally,

    Thanks, its interesting I always feel that I do not have enough glass in the kitchen.

    and Sandi thanks for visitng.

    Rinku

    ReplyDelete