Friday, March 13, 2009

Maple Basil Wings




There has been a lot going on, but in general this has been a good cooking week. I played around with a whole bunch of flavors. I had been shopping at Stews and was totally drawn to the herb section, they have a good selection of fresh herbs there, the only problem is that the amounts are a lot for most homes for a week of cooking, which is usually how long I feel fresh herbs stay "fresh" in my house. I sometimes feel that this is a general problem with a lot of things we buy, our packages tend to be supersized. I realized I have a yet to try anything that seems interesting ending up with hit or miss results, but still I so often wish there were smaller sizes of most things. Anyhow, last week I came home with this large bunch of this amazingly fragrant fresh basil. I used them in a somewhat different different combinaton, this turned out pretty good and the bonus was that my son LOVED it!


Note: This can be done with other chicken pieces as well.
This is my submission for the Blogger Aid children's cookbook project.


No comments:

Post a Comment