Sunday, June 13, 2010

No Fuss Shrimp...

This week I ended up inadvertently changing the entire look of my blog. I often keep playing with buttons on the dashboard. This week when I logged on, the dashboard said something like, template designer. So I clicked on a button or two and without warning, I had a new looking blog.

Talk of change you can believe in. Well, so like it or not, I now have a totally different set up to the blog, that I am trying to get used to. Last evening we had some friends over and I made a few interesting things actually a Mexican inspired menu. I did not take any pictures and with the slow cooker I felt like I was on top of my game, I shall be posting what I made over time.

I made this no fuss, shrimp gently kissed with spices, that I mixed with the garden lettuce leaves I tossed with red onions and sliced strawberries. Sorry no picture, of the salad either. Just could not make the time.


No fuss -citrus spice kissed shrimp.

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients

1 lemon
1 orange
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1 jallapeno, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 pound of large shrimp, shelled with the tail-on
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup lowfat sour cream
3-4 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon garam masala

Method of Preparation

1. Cut the orange and lemon into half and squeeze the juice into a bowl.
2. Mix in the ginger, jallapeno, salt and the shrimp and let the shrimp marinate for 15 minutes.
3. Stir in the sour cream.
4. Heat the oil and add the shrimp in a single layer in a skillet and cook for about 6 minutes on each side.
5. Sprinkle with the garam masala.

Fresh greens shrimp salad

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Serves 4-6 people

Ingredients

3 cups shredded fresh greens
1 red onion thinly sliced, cut into rings
10 strawberries, hulled and sliced thinly
1 serving no-fuss citrus kissed shrimp prepared as above
Newmans balsamic vinegar dressing

Method of preparation.

1. Mix the greens, onions, strawberries and shrimp and toss well.
2. Serve with the balsamic dressing on the side.

2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite seafood of all! I like this recipe. Pretty simple yet delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    I like seafood and shrimp a lot too!
    It is easy, simple and very quick to prepare.

    ReplyDelete