Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cheering up colors!

Anar Channa Chat Maybe it is all this excitement over Obama and now the comming down to reality, maybe just that I did not get enough sleep today, I was generally feeling a little blue. I did not feel up doing a lot of my usual stuff, I poked around to see what I could cobble up by way of lunch. I saw a half empy package of Phucka puris and was not sure what to do. My kids love them plain, they find dealing with the pani too spicy and messy.

I had been looking at all these posts of chats here and there, all across the blogosphere. Chaat masala is never far away from my reach, this is what I did, it was lovely, tangy, cheering, all at once. I served these in the puris and generally I was somewhat cheered...

Chana-Anar Chaat

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 cup cooked chickpeas
1 lime
1 onion finely chopped
2-3 tbsp chopped cilantro
1 tbsp chaat masala
1 tps salt
3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
1/2 cup yogurt
6-7 puris per person

Method of Preparation

1. Squeeze the lime over the chickpeas.
2. Mix these chickpeas with the onions, cilantro, chaat masala, salt, pomegranate seeds, yogurt and set aside for a half hour to let the flavors mix together.
3. Fill into puris and serve.

I would like to send this post to Shrivali at Cooking 4 all seasons, who is hosting this months, my lentil love affair an event started by Susan at the well seasoned cook. This also doubles up for Jhiva for Chickpea, that was started by Mahanandi, hosted this month by sometime foodie.

4 comments:

  1. Cannot wait to try it tonight. Sounds delicious.

    Thanks,

    Preeti

    Westchester Apartments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rinku thats such a lovely dish..thanks for sending it across!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi rinku,
    thanks for a great entry to JFI Chickpea! Sorry for the delay in commenting, i was snowed in with entries!

    I love chaat,
    best,
    ms

    ReplyDelete