Friday, January 16, 2009

Quick Cook Bhartha


Quick Baigan Bhartha


I often end with having to deal with the "gap" factor when I am interviewing people, while I am sometimes skeptical I do realize that taking a few years off is ok! Actually, in my mind what is the purpose behind the time off, this is hard to discern. I have to tell you, two days back I had taken the morning off to deal with a few kid related issues, and let me tell you the multi-tasking that I needed to accomplish within the three hours in my mind was nothing short of fantastic. Granted some of this does get compounded by the fact that I have a compressed but busy work day waiting for me, but nonetheless this multi-tasking is pretty intense and can certainly be gainfully translated to the workplace if placed in perspective.


Well, my morning was like - I woke up saw the snow realized we would have a school delay, it gave me some more breathing roon with the breakfast routine, I actually used that extra time to place the eggplant on the gas to char roast it. What happens with this is that the eggplant is cooked till the skin is burnt and blackened. I remove from fire and set aside to cool.

It needs pretty minimal attention. I got dressed, left my KG going daughter with hubby, went out cleaned the car, took my son to the doctor in Briarcliff (20 min NW), spent an hour, went 15 minutes north dropped off my son to pre-school/daycare (late). Braved off 40 minutes north, stopped at Costo to pick up a couple of things then, picked up my contact lenses and made it into work. Lord, did not feel like I had any time off.


Well, back in the evening I had the charred eggplant waiting for me. I literally took 15 minutes to cook it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment