Saturday, January 3, 2009

Cider-Pomegranate Ham



Pomme tandoori ham


The holiday meat that I do a good job with is Ham. This New Year, I was lucky, just before the holidays I recieved a case of Pom wonderful pomegranate juice from Pom Blogger.
I have been playing around with the juice since then. I added this to the ham that I made over the holidays, I had a dazzling red ham, tangy and very, flavorful! I have done a bunch of other things such as a pomegranate berry ice-cream and pomegranate chicken boti kababs. I promise to blog about them soon.
Well, I start with an approximately 8 lb ham and create the following marinade for this.
2 cups cider
2 cup pommegranate juice
1/3 cup tandoori masala
1 tsp fresh rosemary
2 tbsp red chili powder
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp salt
I left the ham to brine in this overnight.
I bake it at 350 degrees for 4 hours using the liquid as a "bath". Sliced it up and serve it with fresh pineapple. Everyone loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment