Friday, August 7, 2009

Westchester Farmers Market Blogathon - TGIF

What a difference, the weather makes! I ventured out this afternoon to get some lunch on Cedar Street, Dobbs Ferry and was so happy to see so many more shops at the Farmers Market! These were not as much as some of the other markets, particularly the Pleasantville Market, that I end up going to a lot! However, it does have enough, one can actually also pick up a makeshift lunch here. Well, here is the first interesting store that I did not highlight...



They had some interesting granola cookies, their goodies are priced at $3.50 per package or $9 for any three items.

I fell in love with these olive oil and cornmeal cakes. Thank goodness I bought only two. I ate about 1.5 myself and shared the rest with Anshul! I am going back for these next week. This baking outfit is run by three sisters.

These little grapes are interesting and so cute, I picked up a carton, I think Deepta will like them in her lunch box. The good news is that I am surving the lunchbox saga pretty well!
These fresh-cut bouquets of seasonal flowers are the prettiest things I have ever seen! Despite myself I bought myself a bunch for my office! I hope they stay fresh over the weekend I should have brought them home.


New veggies that I did not notice last week!

This young man of course, deserves the salesman of the year award! He asked me for an ID. I mean honestly!
For dinner, we had some really flavorful blackbean soup, I shall tell you how I made it later, Good night and have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment